Yield: 12 small cookies
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
These lightly-sweetened cookies are packed wth protein!
prep time: 10 MINScook time: 12 MINStotal time: 22 mins
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or sub any nut/seed butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (or any kind of flour)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave (use 1/3 cup for sweeter cookies)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt, if peanut butter is unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter and maple syrup to a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
- Remove mixture to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients to form a thick dough. If dry, add water a few teaspoons at a time until there are no dry patches in the dough.
- Roll dough into roughly 1" balls and place on a lined baking tray. (This recipe yielded 18 cookies for me.) Press flat with the back of a fork or your palm. Add chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will not spread in the oven but will look slightly crackled on top when done.