Easy Vegan Maple-Bacon Donuts
These easy yeast-free donuts have a texture similar to cake donuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Maple Glaze
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut bacon (recipe linked below)
1. Whisk together dry ingredients. Add butter and milk and mix until just combined.2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently, 3-4 times.3. Pat dough out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into donut shapes. Gather scraps and press together to cut more donuts.4. Heat 1 inch oil to 350-375°F. Fry donuts a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes per side or until deep golden brown.5. Remove to a paper towel and allow to cool entirely before glazing.6. Combine all ingredients for the glaze. Add more sugar if a thicker consistency is desired. 7. Dip donuts in glaze. Sprinkle with coconut bacon while glaze is still wet. Donuts are best stored in an airtight container or frozen.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 donuts