for the corned beef spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
note: If you don't have all these spices handy, feel free to just use whichever ones you have in your pantry already! or, make the hash without any of the spices – it will still taste amazing!
for the corned beef hash
- 1 package Beyond Burger (or 8 oz beef-style crumbles)
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons corned beef spice blend
- olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together ground spices. Set aside.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cubed potatoes and a splash of water. Cover and allow to steam for 5-8 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid and add onions and garlic. Continue to fry until onions and garlic are tender and fragrant and potatoes have taken on golden brown color. Add extra water as needed to keep ingredients from sticking to the pan.
- Add in Beyond Burger and break it up in the pan with your spoon. Add corned beef spice blend to preference (I usually add around 2 teaspoons), and continue to fry until faux beef is cooked to your preference.
- Stir in chopped tomato and cook until just warmed through. Serve with rice.