Yield: 4-5 servings
Vegan Egg Salad
prep time: cook time: total time:
- 1 package medium-firm tofu
- 2 stalks green onion, finely-sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
- black pepper, to taste
- Drain tofu, wrap in a clean tea towel and press for 30 minutes under a plate with a few cans.
- Finely chop half of the tofu. Mash the other half. The different textures will mimic the different textures of egg whites and egg yolks.
- Stir tofu together with remaining ingredients. You can serve it immediately, but it's best if you let it marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
©2017 Sarah's Vegan Kitchen